The mission of Black Nurses Rock is to help nurses aspire greatness and a percentage of all membership fees go towards providing scholarships to driven nurses in financial hardship. All scholarships will be awarded at the Black Nurses Rock annual conference. Scholarship amount is dependent on available funds, but can range from $2500 each towards educational expenses.
Scholarship Requirements are as follows:
- Must be an official paid Black Nurses Rock member
- Must be currently enrolled in a nursing program (MSN, B.S.N., A.D., Diploma or L.P.N./ L.V.N.) with a GPA 3.0 and above with at least one full year remaining
- Involvement in student nursing organizations and/or community health activities
- Document academic achievement
- Establish financial need
- U.S. Citizen or Alien with U.S. Permanent
- Resident Status/Alien Registration Number
- High school students are not eligible to apply
The BNR Scholarship Committee, chaired by Beverly Morgan, will provide a blind review and award scholarships at the annual convention. Awardees will be notified by August.
Upon verification that the recipient meets required enrollment criteria and has submitted an official transcript, the scholarship check is issued payable to the school for deposit in the recipient’s tuition account.
Eligible candidates must provide:
- Official Transcript(s) from an accredited School of Nursing
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (one from applicant’s school of nursing)
- Provide a professional headshot and one page bio
- Provide resume/CV
- Demonstrate community service involvement and leadership
- Provide an essay that will briefly describe your professional and educational goals and how this scholarship will help you achieve those goals.
- Essay must be no longer than 2 pages long.
- Provide as a word or PDF document. Send completed application and all supporting documentations by July 30th.
- E-Mail your entire application package to: Ms. Beverly Morgan at Beverly.email@example.com. Please give your email the subject line: BNR Scholarship
Mailing address ONLY for OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT:
Black Nurses Rock
Scholarship Committee/Cynthia Minor
P.O Box 501
Enid, OK 73702